This short course, presented over two dinner meetings at each AIRP session, will introduce residents to key concepts in health policy research, comparative effectiveness research, and big data analytics in an interactive format with leading researchers in the field.
Pre-registration is encouraged as this free course is on a first-come, first-serve basis with limited seating. Dinner will be provided.
The 4-hour course (2.0 hours per evening) will consist of short TED-format presentations and informal, open discussions that introduce participants to the following topics:
1. Big Data, Predictive Analytics, and Machine Learning in Imaging
2. Measuring Value in Imaging with Costs and Outcomes
3. Decision Analysis and Evidence Synthesis to Influence Policy
4. Innovative Comparative Effectiveness Trial Designs for Imaging
5. Translating Evidence into Policies and Practice
6. Career Tracks at the Intersection of Health Policy and Radiology
Course Dates & Times for 2019-2020 Sessions:
The dinner sessions will occur 5:00 – 7:00PM on adjoining Tuesday and Wednesday evenings during each AIRP four-week course.
The dates for the 2018-2019 sessions are:
July 30 – 31, 2019
September 10 – 11, 2019
October 15 – 16, 2019
February 11 – 12, 2020
March 17 – 18, 2020
Please contact Carla Brathwaite with any questions or call 703-390-9884.
Please click on the following link to register for one of the five Outcomes & CER sessions at the AIRP: Outcomes & CER REGISTRATION